Hello! This blog give crisp information on Data Science Courses Online, specially created for freshers and people new to Data Science.
Data science is a field which is based on pure applications of stats, math and computer science. So, it requires learning the theoretical and practical aspects.
It requires as much as a practice that one can take up. Hence, one should do as many questions one can solve and as many projects one can do. The more they delve deeper into this concept that is ever-growing, the better their understanding for intricate details.
It requires a lot of practice and solution which makes you understand the beauty behind the applied data science.
To know more about Data Science on roles, skills needed and career prospects : Click Here
There are various online resources, books, blogs and articles where you can learn data science for free. Also, you can get certificate for one of the most recommended Data science courses available.
Here, we’re mentioning top 6 Data Science courses online which covers all the important aspects to have a proper idea of data science.
1. Harvard Data Science Course
Detailed course for understanding data science from renowned university
Fee Structure– Free course
This is one of the best courses available online for beginners covering almost all the aspects of data science from one of the best university in the world.
There are videos and slides available for this course via YouTube and GitHub.
- Web Scraping, Data Reshaping, Data Cleanup
- Exploratory Data Analysis
- Pandas, SQL and the Grammar of Data
- Statistical Models
- Storytelling and Effective Communication
- Bias and Regression
- Classification, KNN, Cross-Validation, Dimensionality Reduction, PCA, MDS
- SVM, Evaluation, Decision Trees and Random Forests, Ensemble Methods, Best Practices
- Recommendations, MapReduce, Spark
- Bayes Theorem, Bayesian Methods, Text Data
- Effective Presentations
- Experimental Design
- Deep Networks
- Building Data Science
Link to the course- http://cs109.github.io/2015/pages/videos.html
2. DataCamp: Data Science with Python
Data Science with Python with real-life project
Depends on the availability of course and discounts
It is a career track course consisting of all the necessary courses to get started in becoming a data scientist with python as a language.
It includes the right mix of a strong programming language base with the right skill set for data science. Hence, eventually getting your hands dirty on some real-life projects.
- Introduction to Python
- Intermediate Python
- Data Manipulation
- Data Visualization
- Data science toolbox
- Machine learning
Link to the course- https://www.datacamp.com/tracks/data-scientist-with-python
3. DataQuest- Data Scientist
Become an expert in technologies used in Data Science
Free or Paid for Certification
Brings the one and all place to invest in to learn the basic technologies behind any data science project.
- Python programming
- SQL queries
- Data analysis and visualization
- Data mining, web scraping, and APIs
- Probability and statistics
- Machine learning
- Deep learning
- Jupyter Notebooks
Link to the course- https://www.dataquest.io/path/data-scientist/
4. Google: ML Crash Course
Elaborate course on basics of machine learning
Undertaken by thousands of google engineers is now made available to people for understanding the basics of machine learning.
- Crash Course
- Problem Framing
- Data Preparation
Link to the course- https://developers.google.com/machine-learning/crash-course
5. Udemy: Data Scientist Toolkit
Addition to knowledge, resume and skills
Rs. 400 – 500
Provides the cheapest way to earn a certification with the right information available online.
- The course provides the entire toolbox you need to become a data scientist
- Fill up your resume with in-demand data science skills: Statistical analysis, Python programming with NumPy, pandas, and Seaborn, Advanced statistical analysis, Tableau, Machine Learning with stats models and sci-kit-learn, Deep learning with TensorFlow
- Impress interviewers by showing an understanding of the data science field
- Learn how to pre-process data
- Understand the mathematics behind Machine Learning (an absolute must which other courses don’t teach!)
- Start coding in Python and learn how to use it for statistical analysis
- Perform linear and logistic regressions in Python
- Carry out the cluster and factor analysis
- Be able to create Machine Learning algorithms in Python, using NumPy, stats models and sci-kit-learn
- Apply your skills to real-life business cases
Link to the course- https://www.udemy.com/course/the-data-science-course-complete-data-science-bootcamp/
6. Coursera: Data Scientist Toolkit
Free courses from experienced professors
Coursera provides numerous courses as free and with financial aid option. The best thing about these courses is that they’re taught by university professors and they are well experienced.
- Introduction to Data Science in Python
- Applied Plotting, Charting & Data Representation in Python
- Machine Learning in Python
- Text Mining in Python
- Applied Social Network Analysis in Python
Link to the course- https://www.learndatasci.com/out/coursera-Applied-Data-Science-Python-Specialization
Other than the courses mentioned above there are numerous other courses available on other websites such as Khan Academy, edX, Udacity, 365 data science, upGrad ( in collaboration with IITB) etc.
There are various Youtube channels, online blogs such as on medium and analytics vidhya, which can be used as a additional resources.
Various online git repositories are available for the source code of open source projects.
Also, there are numerous books available that one can refer to in order to increase the fundamental knowledge of data science field. For instance Data Science from Scratch, Introduction to Statistical Learning etc.
Few Last Words
Hence, it comes down to doing what you’re learning, i.e. when you take a course and learn a subject, apply it to a real project immediately.
There are numerous of resources available out there and it entirely depends on how the person takes up learning. Whether by reading books, looking at interactive videos, indulging in boot camps, interaction in live sessions, webinars, online websites, online courses etc. But whatever way you choose make sure to always keep learning because that’s the only way to survive in today’s competitive world.