Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of effectively using your online content so that a search engine such as Google, Yahoo or Bing likes to show it at a top result search of a certain keyword that is being given by the user to the search bar.
According to renowned industry analyst Danny Sullivan, SEO specific term most probably came into use in the year of 1997.
SEO is the practice of increasing the quantity as well as the quality of the traffic that is diverted to your website through organic as well as other search engine results
When it comes to Search Engine Optimization, there are mainly three things- There’s you, the search engine, and as well as the searcher.
Have you ever wondered why only specific websites are always shown at the first page of your Google search, and why you always some way or the other find your way out through one them?
The key is there’s a lot of people from the digital marketing team working behind the tactics and the most relevant factor is the content that they provide.
SEO plays an important factor in making these webpages stay at the top position for a longer period of time if their algorithms are studied well and kept changing with time.
Many a time there has been conflict on whether social websites plugin data is better and gains more insight and customers, rather than SEO, but more than 90% of the searches that takes place online, occurs on google.
It is considered to be more safer, and recieves the most of the traffic.
It’s not just how much traffic you get, it’s where you send it to. Organic drives such as SEO drives 20 times more traffic than paid searches.
Paid searches are an easy option, SEO takes a bit time, but it’s free and while it takes time to be good at it, it’s completely worth it, it will help in creating multi-generational value.
Website owners which are at the good position today highly recognize the value of a high ranking and visibility in search engine and they know how the results matter, creating an opportunity for both types of seo to take place i.e, white hat and black hat SEO techniques.
SEO involves making specific changes to your overall website design and content that makes your website more attractive to a search engine.
It is the process that organizations go through to help make sure that their site ranks high in the search engines for relevant keywords and phrases.
While SEO looks certainly easier than you think, you cannot ever underestimate the amount of time and effort it will take for you to understand the algorithms behind it.
You’ll get out what you put into it,the longer you work hard to learn in it,the better it will be.
So if you only spend a few minutes a day, don’t expect to climb the ranks on a bigger scale at any noticeable pace, hence work on it every day, and improve daily. The growth may be slow but it will be gradual and exponentially high.
SEO is all about attracting the visitors who aren’t any random website users.
It’s about getting those super targeted users who are really interested in the products that you are willing to sell online and make your mark in the business.
We can follow these seven steps to successful SEO
- Crawling accessibility so that search engines can read your website easily
- Relevant content that answers the searcher’s query
- Share-worthy content that earns links, citations, as well as amplification
- Title, URL, & description to draw high CTR in the rankings
- Keyword optimized to attract searchers & engines
- Great user experience including a fast load speed and compelling UX, even in mobile displays.
Search engine crawlers may look at a number of different factors when crawling a site.
Not every page is indexed by the search engines.
The primary reason can be the distance of pages from the root directory of a site , which may also be a essential factor in whether or not pages get crawled and search engines finds you at the top.
SEO may not always generate an adequate return on investment.
Although, search engines are not usually paid for organic search traffic, their algorithms are kept on change every now and then, and there are no guarantees of continued referrals.
Due to this lack of guarantees and certainty, a business that relies heavily on search engine traffic can suffer major losses if the search engines stop sending visitors to their respective webpages and their business may hit a low blow.
Search engines can change their algorithms, impacting a website’s placement, possibly resulting in a serious loss of traffic.
According to Google’s CEO, Eric Schmidt, in 2010, Google made over 500 algorithm changes – almost 1.5 per day.
It is considered a great business to practice for website operators to liberate themselves from dependence on search engine traffic.
In addition to accessibility in terms of a web crawler, user web accessibility has become increasingly important for SEO.
A few measures to keep in mind for seo to help better
- Website. A well-structured, fast, mobile-friendly website is essential.
- Content. Your content should help demonstrate why a customer should choose you.
- Content marketing. Informational blog content can put you in front of a wider audience.
- On-page. Basic optimization is important so think page titles and meta descriptions.
- Local SEO. Local businesses need to consider local SEO best practices.
- Authority building. Links are still highly correlated with strong search engine results.
- Credibility. Case studies, portfolios, reviews and testimonials help you clinch the deal.
- Budget. You may not have the budget to compete with established competitors.
- Speed. SEO can take a long time to deliver results, especially in competitive markets.
- Competition from ads. Ads now occupy a lot of screen space.
- Big competitors. Some search terms are dominated by titans, and it can be hard to compete.
There is so much more enhancement that you can do for a small business and make it grow to help improve your own SEO if given a bit of time and structure to the technology.
Here, we’re mentioning top 6 SEO Online Courses which cover basically all the important aspects that it takes to have a proper idea of what SEO is
1. Google- Fundamentals of Digital Marketing Course
There are 26 modules to explore, all created by Google trainers, packed full of practical exercises and real-world examples to help you turn knowledge into action.
- Google AdWords
- Google Adsense
- Digital Marketing
- Content Marketing.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)
- Pay-Per-Click Advertising (PPC)
Link to the course
2. Cracking SEO in 2020
- Understand what is SEO and why it is relevant
- Understand why SEO changed so much in such a short time
- WordPress and how to set up a website
- WordPress Plugins
- Keyword & Long tail keyword research and how to wisely pick
- How to organise (format) site content
- How to optimise on-page SEO factor for better search results
- Know major SEO factors and how to get them right
- How to use SEO tools
- Introduction to Tech – SEO
- Understanding site authority and the importance
- Know how to build quality backlinks to your site for better results
- Know different types of backlinking and how bad links can affect your seo score
- Understand social media mentions and brand mentions in SEO strategy
- Understanding click-through rate(CTR) and how to improve CTR
- How to come up with the content that Google loves
- Introduction to Ecommerce SEO
- Understand what is Local SEO
- How to make money through SEO
3. Udemy- SEO 2020
Complete SEO Training + SEO for WordPress Websites
Rank 1 on Google with Technical SEO, 1s Pagespeed, UX SEO, Backlink SEO, Keyword Research SEO + WordPress SEO Training
- SEO Training on 40+ SEO factors to rank 1 on Google Search Engine
- Reason why those SEO factors matter in real-time
- How those SEO factors affect the ranking of websites on Google
- Rank 1 in Google Search with WordPress SEO 2020 Training: Do’s and Don’ts
- Learn all the 8 Technical SEO factors
- SEO your website to bring in more organic traffic from Google & other search engines
- Make your website to load in less than 0.5 seconds & increase sales/conversions by 2X
- Get Page speed insights to score of up to 100 for both desktop and mobile
- Learn the Essential skills to optimize your website for Google, Bing & Yandex search engines
- Get indexed by search engines faster
- Improve the User experience of your website – The future SEO factor
- Decrease your website visitor’s bounce rate and improve time spent on your site
- Learn to use the best free SEO tools across the entire web
- Get targeted traffic to your site, by using the chosen transactional/informative long-tail keywords
- Get low competition, high traffic optimized long-tail keyword list – Hands-on
- Get demystified on Link building myths and learn what type of backlinks works best
- Learn which type of backlinks are not worthy anymore
- Get an actionable list of more than 25 White Hat Backlink generation sources
- Learn expired SEO techniques / Myths, which can hurt your website
- Immune your website against Negative SEO attacks and identify bad backlinks to your site
Link to the course-
4. Yoast- SEO Training
Their SEO training is super complete, updated, and you know you’re getting some great info because let’s face it:
- Make quick and lasting improvements to your site
- We don’t stop at the theory: we help you practice actual SEO skills from keyword research to technical SEO
- Developed by world class SEOs and education experts trusted by the world’s biggest brands
Link to the course
5. Hubspot- SEO Crash Course
This is a mini-course, for those of you who don’t wanna waste a whole lotta time and just need to get some cool SEO street smarts.
- Select the right keywords for your website
- Make sure search engines understand the content you’ve got on your pages
- Earn links from external sources
- Understand how search engines crawl your website
- Cover both On-Page and Off-Page SEO
- Get notions of tactical link building strategies that will help you improve your game
Link to the course
6. Coursera- SEO specialization
- Introduction to Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Optimization Fundamentals
- Optimizing a Website for Search
- Advanced Content and Social Tactics to Optimize SEO
- Advanced Search Engine Optimization Strategies
- Website Optimization Client Report Project
Link to the course
7. Lynda- Courses on SEO
Lynda.com is a great resource for anyone looking to improve their knowledge of Marketing, Business, Google AdWords and, of course, SEO!
- Business for SEO
- Social Media Marketing
- Digital Marketing
Link to the course
You might want to follow the following steps in order to get started with Seo
- Register with Bing Webmaster Tools.
- Register with Google Search Console.
- Claim or create a Google My Business listing.
- Test your keywords with PPC.
- Optimize your page titles.
- Optimize your meta descriptions
- Conduct keyword research.
- Organize keywords by page.
- Target long-tail keywords.
- Request links from business partners.